Ways to Get Involved
Want to make a difference?
There are four ways that you can make a difference in this community:
- Tell us who needs help. If you know someone who would benefit from Project: R.A.K.E.'s assistance, contact us with their information or encourage them to call us directly.
- Give financially. Businesses are invited to partner with us by donating supplies & materials, offering discounts and/or financial contributions. Private donations of checks & gift cards are greatly appreciated and help us purchase the needed materials that are not donated. Give now.
- Pray for this ministry. We need people to keep us in their prayers 24/7. Pray for us to find favor with local businesses & private donors. Pray for our past, present & future homeowners, that God would reveal Himself to them, pour out His blessing on their lives, and meet their needs, physically, emotionally & spiritually.
- Donate your time. Project: R.A.K.E. is looking for volunteers who have a heart for this generation of teenagers, who like to help others learn new skills, and who want to help improve the living conditions of in-need families and senior citizens in our area. If you would like to help on a crew, run materials, take photos, or prepare meals during a RAKE work camp, contact our office or download an application, fill it out and return it to the address on the bottom of the form. Thanks so much!
We need skilled individuals with some specific construction abilities as well as those with general construction know-how. Please complete a skills inventory sheet to let us know what specific home repair skills you have that will benefit our homeowners. Below is a partial list of skills that we are looking for:
- brick masonry
- vinyl siding
- drywall & spackling
- mobile home/trailer maintenance & repair
If you are not skilled in home repair, but would still like to help out, consider being a Runner! If you have a car, and a basic knowledge of the roads in the area, and the ability to communicate what you need to a sales person, you can assist our repair crews by getting additional materials to their job site when needed. We also need photographers and videographers to take pictures of the crews and their progress on each site.
If being a runner is not your cup of tea, we always take donations of gift cards to local supermarkets which help to provide food to our crews during R.A.K.E. events. Occasionally we also need people to help pick up, deliver and/or prepare meals during an event. Wherever you are most comfortable, we can use you to help reach others.
If you're Group or Company would like to volunteer to help out, please contact our Director, Mike Atkins. Please contact our office at 610-869-7332 or email us if you have any questions.